Loving yourself can be one of the most transformative things you do that will improve all aspects of your life.
It's a process that has to start from within you, not from outside of you.
There are some quick ways to start this:
1. Become mindful. People who have more self-love tend to know what they think, feel, and want. They are mindful of who they are and act on this knowledge.
2. Act on what you need rather than what you want. You love yourself when you can turn away from something that feels good in the moment to what you need to stay strong long term. This promotes being centered and forward momentum in your life. By staying focused on what you need, you turn away from automatic behavior patterns that get you into trouble, keep you stuck in the past, and lessen self-love.
3. Practice good self-care. You will love yourself more, when you take better care of your basic needs. People high in self-love nourish themselves daily through healthy activities, like sound nutrition, exercise, proper sleep, intimacy and healthy social interactions.
4. Set boundaries. You'll love yourself more when you set limits or say “no” to work or activities that deplete or harm you physically, emotionally, or express poorly who you are.
5. Forgive yourself. We humans can be so hard on ourselves. The downside of taking responsibility for our actions is punishing ourselves too much for mistakes in learning and growing. You have to accept your humanness, before you can truly love yourself. Practice positive self talk when you make a mistake. Remember, there are no failures, if you have learned and have grown from your mistakes, there are only lessons.
If you choose just one or two of these self-love actions to work on, you will begin to accept and love yourself more. Just imagine how much you'll appreciate you when you exercise some of these steps to self-love.
I believe that you can only love a person as much as you love yourself. If you exercise any of these actions of self-love that I describe here, you will allow and encourage others to express themselves in the same way. The more self-love you have, the better prepared you are for healthy relating. Even more, you will start to attract people and circumstances to you that support your well-being.
Loving yourself can bring you the sense of inner peace and contentment you've been longing for all this time.
If you would like to learn more about self love and how to approach this life with a grateful heart, contact me HERE and we can get you started today!
Is a collection of Micah's views regarding men's skills in relationship and their ability to tap into their masculine frame.